StudyTrust receives funds from various private and corporate donors to administer in the form of bursaries and scholarships.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to apply online by way of our state-of-the-art profile-based application facility. Applicants in high school who are without internet access may still send us a completed hardcopy application form with the supporting documents attached. However, we will not accept hardcopy forms from applicants already enrolled for tertiary study programmes as all campuses have wifi. Application forms for first-year bursaries can be downloaded below.
Our online application platform, powered by Leaply, is programmed to apply the selection criteria of the various funders to the data supplied by applicants. Applicants are guided by a chat interface to register and provide the relevant personal and academic information in a process that should not take longer than 10 minutes.
Please NOTE that there is a two-week timeframe to complete your online application. We recommend that you only start the application process once you have all requisite documents ready for upload.
At the end of the screening process, the system will display the StudyTrust-administered bursary and scholarship opportunities you qualify to apply for.
You can then easily apply to any (or all) of them using your Leaply profile, answering further questions and uploading supporting documents. You will be notified by email about the progress of your application.
See information below for more information on the various opportunities.
StudyTrust awards bursaries based on academic merit, financial need and according to the requirements of individual sponsors.
1. Applications, online and hardcopy, must be submitted before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
2. We only consider applications completed in full, with all the required supporting documents included.
3. We strongly encourage you to apply online, but learners still at school may submit hardcopy application forms via fax, email or post.
4. We only consider applications from South African citizens, with the exception of certified refugees who may apply for the Albert Einstein Scholarship for Refugees (DAFI) that we administer.
5. Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice.
6. Please also apply for a NSFAS-administered DHET bursary here.
7. Career advice is available from SAQA Career Advice Services: Helpline Number: 086 999 0123, SMS 072 204 5056, Fax 086 458 8172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. If you apply on a StudyTrust hardcopy application form you will be considered for all the bursaries we manage, so you ONLY need to complete one application form. However, apply for as many other bursaries as possible. A list of available bursaries can be obtained from Career Advice Services.
Bursary selection is based on financial need, academic potential and study programmes. Bursaries are available for:
1. Full-time students at Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Agricultural Colleges
2. University of Technology and University students studying full-time, with a pass symbol in all subjects, studying towards careers in demand by the labour market
3. Applicants for tertiary bursaries must specify the exact name of study programme, type and name of the educational institution and the year of study. Please differentiate clearly between “University of Technology” and “University”. Study programme changes, after submitting your application forms, may lead to the cancellation of a bursary.
Documents to accompany your bursary application (where applicable)
1. South African ID.
2. Grade 11 final results.
3. This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year).
4. Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12.
5. Tertiary students: Full academic record and/or June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written).
6. A Testimonial by a responsible Educational Official from your Teacher or Lecturer.
7. Pay slips for your parent(s) if employed.
8. Latest financial statements if your parent(s) is/are self-employed.
9. Sworn affidavits if your parent(s) is/are unemployed.
10. A copy of your CV.
11. A head and shoulders picture of you.
1. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your completed application form and further emails notifying you of your progress in the application process
2. Our contact details:
Postal Address: Private Bag X16, BRAAMFONTEIN 2017
E-mail enquiries: email@example.com
Apply Online Here
Please note that you have only 14 days from the date of registration to complete and submit your application online. Ensure that you have all your supporting documents as stated in the Document Checklist above ready for uploading.
StudyTrust Application form may be downloaded for first-year bursaries and applicants in high school who are without internet access only!
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
R500 million+ in bursaries to students
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.
©Copyright 2019 | All Rights Reserved