Online Bursary Applications
- Submit your bursary applications before 30 September 2019, for a bursary for 2020.
- We only consider application forms completed in full, with all the required supporting documents included.
- We strongly urge you to apply online. Application forms can be submitted via fax, email or post.
- We only consider applications from South African citizens, with the exception of legal refugees who may apply for the Albert Einstein Scholarship for Refugees (DAFI) that we administer.
- Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice
- Please apply for Financial Aid when you apply for admission at tertiary institutions
- Career advice is available from SAQA Career Advice Services: Helpline Number: 086 999 0123, SMS 0722045056, Fax 086 458 8172 or email email@example.com.
- If you apply on a StudyTrust application form you will be considered for all the bursaries we manage, so ONLY complete one StudyTrust application. However, apply for as many other bursaries as possible. A list of available bursaries can be obtained from Career Advice Services.
- Full-time students at Further Education and Training (FET) and Agricultural Colleges
- University of Technology and University students studying full-time, with a pass symbol in all subjects, studying towards careers in demand by the labour market
- Applicants for tertiary bursaries must specify: exact name of study programme, type and name of the educational institution and the year of study. Please differentiate clearly between “University of Technology” and “University”. Study programme changes, after submitting your application forms, may lead to the cancellation of a bursary.
StudyTrust awards 3 types of bursaries: access bursaries, partial bursaries and full cost bursaries.
- Access bursaries of around R25 000 are aimed at allowing prospective students to register and find accommodation until their DHET bursaries are activated.
- Partial bursaries cover around 50% of the total cost of studying per year, with the balance to be covered by additional funding e.g. a study loan or DHET bursary.
- Full-cost bursaries cover all study-related costs as agreed with individual donors and sponsors.
How To Apply
- Complete your bursary applications online between 1 April 2019 and 30 September 2019.
- Please carefully follow our instructions below. We do not consider incomplete bursary applications.
- Our online application form (preferred) is accessed by clicking on the link below. An application form can be requested from StudyTrust here.
- Please do not use previous year’s bursary application forms for applications for 2020 bursaries.
Documents to accompany your bursary application (where applicable)
- South African ID.
2. Grade 11 final results.
3. This year’s June results (or your latest results if you are not studying this year).
4. Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12.
5. Tertiary students: June results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written).
6. A Testimonial by a responsible Educational Official from your Teacher or Lecturer.
7. Pay slips for your parent(s) if employed.
8. Latest financial statements if your parent(s) is/are self-employed.
9. Sworn affidavits if your parent(s) is/are unemployed.
10. Death certificates if your parent(s) is/are deceased.
11. Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced.
12. Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated/have no contact.
13. A copy of your CV.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your completed application form.
- You may expect an email informing you whether your application was successful by 21 December. Please contact us ONLY after 15 January next year if you have not received any feedback on your application.
- Our contact details:
Postal Address: Private Bag X16, BRAAMFONTEIN 2017
E-mail enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
R500 million+ in bursaries to students
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.
Website Design | Shy-red Studios
©Copyright 2019 | All Rights Reserved