Promaths Bursary Fund
- Provide bursaries to Promaths alumni who are academically and financially deserving and are currently registered at a South African tertiary institution.
- Improving their chances of completing their tertiary studies.
- Decrease the number of well deserving Promaths students who matriculate with good results and don’t continue their studies.
- Increase good role modelling within communities that Promaths operates in.
- The fund is a collaboration between all corporate, NGO’s and other entities that offer bursaries within rare skills courses.
- The fund operates independently, from its donors and partners.
- The fund is administered by StudyTrust, an independent bursary management organisation that has been in this space for 44 years, of which Investec has been in partnership for 12 years.
- StudyTrust will earn 10% to 15% of the disbursed funds in management fees.
- It is encouraged that the funders of the fund form an advisory committee that meets on advisory basis with the administering organisation.
- South African citizens.
- Those who have attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong centre across the country.
- Students who are accepted to study at a reputable tertiary institution for a rare skills degree or national diploma in South Africa.
- Contribute to the trust for a specified number of bursaries for the duration of students university degree’s. (Individuals and Corporates).
- Sponsor a certain number of bursaries for a specialization of your choice i.e. medicine, aviation, engineering, commerce, etc. (Corporates).
- Pledge to sponsor a number of individuals (Individuals and Corporates).
- Contribute what they can to the trust (Individuals and Corporates).
How to apply
• Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
• Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.