Santam, South Africa’s premier short-term insurance company and 2019 top employer, celebrated its 100th birthday in 2018. To commemorate this milestone, Santam launched a Skills Development Academy and started a new bursary programme, administered by StudyTrust.
Beneficiaries of this prestigious full-cost bursary programme will, if selected, go on to participate in the Santam graduate programme after graduation.
The intention is that participants in the bursary and graduate programme will eventually qualify as relationship managers and underwriters in the short-term insurance industry. If they are selected they will be obliged to work for Santam for the number of years sponsored.
Santam and StudyTrust invite you to apply for this bursary if you next year will be in your final undergraduate year, or be doing an Honours or Masters degree in any of the study programmes listed below – if a career in the short-term insurance industry appeals to you.
Who can apply
• Insurance / Risk Management / Law
• Mathematics / Statistics
• Finance / Accounting / Economic
• Chemical / Civil Engineering
• Computer Science / Information Technology
• residence/private accommodation
• stationery and books
• Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year/ June).
How to apply
• Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
• Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.