Pooling resources to benefit students
Standard Bank 150 Bursary Programme
In honour of Standard Bank’s 150th anniversary in 2012, StudyTrust launched the 150 Bursary fund. This fund provides a full-cost sponsorship to tertiary students. The bursary is designed to promote academic excellence and shape the next generation of African talent and African leaders within South Africa and the continent at large.
- Provide bursaries to Promaths alumni who are academically and financially deserving and are currently registered at a South African tertiary institution.
- Improving their chances of completing their tertiary studies.
- Decrease the number of well deserving Promaths students who matriculate with good results and don’t continue their studies.
- Increase good role modelling within communities that Promaths operates in.
The 150 fund provides full-cost bursaries to financially deserving and academically sound students wishing to pursue postgraduate studies in Commerce, Science, Engineering, Mathematics and Technology at our preferred academic institutions.
- Applicants should have a 65% aggregate
- Applicants must register for full time postgraduate studies
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the University(preference is given to University of Cape Town, Wits University, the University of Pretoria, Rhodes University, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Stellenbosch University, the University of Johannesburg)
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and interview
- Financial need is considered in applications
The 150 Bursary programme Applications for 2019 open 1 April 2018 and close 31 August 2018.
Due to a possible postal strike and the likelihood of applications not reaching us before the closing date, we encourage applicants to make use of the Online Application Feature.
- Alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from below.
- Email your completed form and supporting documents in PDF format (not exceeding 2 MB) to email@example.com or fax 086 538 1537.
- Completed application forms may still be submitted to the postal address, StudyTrust, Private bag X16, Braamfontein, 2017.
- For applying online, please indicate in the relevant dropdown menu that you are applying for the Standard Bank 150 Bursary Programme under bursary type. We will, however, consider your application for other bursaries too, so you only have to apply ONCE.
The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 September. This deadline applies to all modes of applications.
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities. We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.
Website Design | Shy-red Studios
©Copyright 2018 | All Rights Reserved