Takealot.com Bursary Programme
It is takealot.com’s mission to be the most customer-centric online shopping destination in Africa. The company is built around the simple concept that the customer comes first.
Takealot.com is a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people to join their great working environment and even cooler people. Their promise is that you won’t be bored as long as you’re up for a challenge and want to build something great.
The Takealot Group contributes to skills development in the Information Technology, Computer Science and
Computer Engineering sector through funding bursaries for deserving candidates who are South African citizens studying at public South African institutions towards relevant degree programmes.
The company simultaneously wants to create a talent pipeline of developers to enter their graduate programme. Their bursaries therefore come with a work back obligation and vacation work.
Who can apply
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants must be in their final undergraduate or Hons or B Tech year next year specialising in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Applicants must be available for consideration for a position in the takealot.com graduate programme in the subsequent year.
- Applicants must be available to work for takealot.com during vacation and upon graduation.
• cost of tuition
• residence or equivalent private accommodation
• stationery and books
For more information on the Takealot.com software engineering Graduate Programme, please click here.
- The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with takealot.com.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- Successful candidates will have fun, work hard, take ownership, be able to work in teams to create solutions, and be open to direct feedback and new ideas on where they can improve.
- com is looking for people who are short on ego and high on output, who are doers and not only thinkers, and who love what they do and what they are creating.
How to apply
Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.