StudyTrust Bursary Applications through the Xhuma WhatsApp Platform
This online bursary application platform offers applicants the option to apply for a StudyTrust bursary on WhatsApp. It is not data-intensive and very easy to use. Just follow the steps.
The WhatsApp application is ONLY for applicants who will be starting their first year of studies next year. Applicants who are already studying at the tertiary level must apply on StudyTrust’s online application powered by Leapl.y here.
At the end of the screening process, the system will inform applicants on their eligibility.
You will be notified by email about the progress of your application and regularly reminded that information is missing until the application is complete
StudyTrust awards bursaries and scholarships based on academic merit, financial need and according to the requirements of individual sponsors.
- Applications, online and hardcopy, must be submitted before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year. Applicants already enrolled for degree programmes are encouraged to complete their applications earlier to be considered for opportunities as they arise.
- We only consider applications completed in full, with all the required supporting documents uploaded or included.
- We strongly encourage you to apply online, but current Grade 12 learners may submit hardcopy application forms via fax, email or post.
- We only consider applications from South African citizens, with the exception of certified refugees who may apply for the Albert Einstein Scholarship for Refugees (DAFI) for which StudyTrust is the UNHCR implementing partner.
- Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice.
- Please also apply for a NSFAS-administered DHET bursary here if you qualify – when they open.
- Career advice is available from Khetha, the DHET’s Career Development Services. Helpline Number: 086 999 0123, SMS 072 204 5056, Fax 086 458 8172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whether you apply online or on a hardcopy form, you ONLY need to complete one application form. You will be considered for all the bursaries that you qualify for. However, apply for as many other bursaries as possible. A list of available bursaries can be obtained from Khetha.
Bursary selection is based on academic potential, financial need and study programmes. Bursaries are available for:
- University students (undergraduate and post-graduate) studying full-time in critical and scarce skills programmes.
- University of Technology students studying full-time, with a pass symbol in all subjects, studying towards careers in demand by the labour market.
- Full-time students at Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Agricultural Colleges.
Applicants must specify the exact name of the study programme, the name of the educational institution and the start and end dates of the study programme.
Key information provided in the application must be verified and we need documentary proof to be uploaded. Please get the following documents ready to upload when asked or attach to hardcopy applications:
1. A clear copy of your ID.
2. A clear copy of a document that shows your home address and is not more than three months old. These could be:
2.1 A municipal rates and taxes invoice
2.2 A telephone or cell phone statement
2.3 Bank statement
2.4 Utility Bill
2.5 Retail account statement
2.6 Proof of household income (Parent/Guardian payslip, this year’s audited financial statement, current affidavit stating monthly income, current SASSA Grant letter).
3. A clear copy of your NSC or latest Grade 12 results. If you do not have your Grade 12 results, upload your Final Grade 11 results.
You will be requested to take a photo of yourself when you begin your application. Make sure that you are dressed neatly. This is the photo that bursary providers will see on the profile of you, that we will send to them. You want to look grown-up. A word of advice: Do not pout or make faces at the camera, dress appropriately, do not use hand signals. The impression you want to give is that you are serious about your studies and career.
How to Apply
Just follow these steps:
- Click this link to open the WhatsApp Application page.
- Click the Send button to connect to WhatsApp.
- Click on Chat to open the Xhuma Application page.
- Register your new account and verify your account from the link sent to your email.
- Follow the easy instructions to apply for your preferred bursary.
Apply Online Here
Ensure that you have all your supporting documents as stated in the Document Checklist above ready for uploading.
The StudyTrust Application form may be downloaded for completion by applicants for first-year bursaries applicants and applicants without internet access only! The completed form with requisite documents should reach StudyTrust on or before 30 September 2020.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.