The FirstRand Foundation Trust Undergraduate Bursary Programme
Degree Programmes Funded
Commerce, engineering, science and technology degree programmes majoring in the following disciplines:
Commerce: accounting, economics, financial management, law, risk.
Engineering: all specialisations.
Science: actuarial science, agricultural sciences, biosciences, climate sciences, data science, electronics, environmental sciences, indigenous knowledge systems, mathematical sciences, physics, renewable energy, society and sustainability, statistics.
Technology: business information systems, computer science, information management, information systems, information science, information technology.
- Only Black South African citizens will be considered
- Applicants must have obtained a minimum of level 5 for Mathematics in Grade 12
- Applicants must not be older than 21 years in their first year of study
- Applicants must have applied for and been provisionally admitted into a South African public traditional university for fulltime studies in the degrees stated above
- Only applicants currently in Grade 12 or who have completed Grade 12 not more than 3 years ago will be considered
- Applicants must belong to the so-called missing middle – and be able to prove that their combined annual gross family income is between R350,000 and R600,000.
What the Bursary Covers
Tuition fees, accommodation, meals, learning resources, a monthly stipend, and a computer for first-year students.
The Trust wishes to maintain regular contact with the selected cohort of students. The interaction with students includes but is not limited to:
- Vacation Work
- Think Tank
- Invitation to FirstRand Offices
- Students’ transportation to and from campus to provincial headquarters
- Interaction with FirstRand personnel at the university campus
- Driver’s License.
How to Apply
Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform and submitted on or before 16 December 2022 to be considered for a bursary for 2023.
16 December 2022
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.