Bursary opportunities available for 2022 – closing date 31 August 2022
Motor Industry Bursary
The motor industry bursary programme administered by StudyTrust is for Toyota South Africa Motors (TSAM). Toyota’s vision is to “lead the way to the future of mobility, enriching lives around the world with the safest and most responsible ways of moving people.” Toyota is committed to quality, constant innovation and respect for the planet.
In their Vision statement, they say “We will meet our challenging goals by engaging the talent and passion of people who believe there is always a better way.” Their bursary programme has the ultimate aim to find such people among the most talented South African students.
StudyTrust on behalf of TSAM invites applicants for the Toyota Recruitment Bursary for 2022.
Successful applicants will be obliged, upon completion of their studies, to apply for a position in a relevant TSAM graduate development programme and if selected, be required to work for the company for the number of years funded.
Degrees: B Business Science, B Com, B Sc, B Eng
- Analytics (Applied Mathematics; Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Accounting (Non-CA)
- Computer Science
- Engineering (Computer, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics)
- Financial Management
- Human Resources (including Industrial Psychology)
- Information Systems
Minimum Selection Criteria
- South African citizen
- Enrolled at a public South African university
- Full-time undergraduate and postgraduate studies
- 75% and above for Gr 12 English and Mathematics
- Maintaining at least 65% average at university
To help you decide whether you are the right candidate for a Toyota Recruitment Bursary, and whether Toyota is the right company for the start of your career, here is some information on Toyota’s leadership principles and organisational culture:
According to Gouveia and Manzano, “No company is more inspirational in the lean world – and beyond – than Toyota. The Toyota way of working, its productivity and results and the quality of its products have captured our imagination and represent a North Star for organizations around the world. It is now recognized that the company’s success stems from its unique organizational culture and an approach to leadership based on humility and respect for people.”
They identify the following leadership principles:
- Be a servant leader: the leader is present where the actual work is done, not just to observe, but by contributing to the process and making improvements with employees.
- Continuous improvement: striving to do better every day.
- Respect for people: working as a team and respecting each individual in their uniqueness and diversity.
- Practice: The repetition of good practice brings excellence. The best practice is to be just, humble, willing to learn, and constantly challenge yourself.
- Ask questions: Mentally engage with processes and practices and develop your skills through analysing the reasons and the facts.
- Give autonomy to all employees: People are encouraged to become the owners of the processes in which they work. Everyone has the green light to suggest different types of improvements.
- Accountability: The Toyota culture encourages people to expose and solve problems. This counters a culture of blame and dodging responsibility. The focus is on the processes and how to improve them – believing that better results will follow.
Qualifying candidates will first be interviewed to gauge whether they have the potential to flourish in the Toyota culture. Selected candidates will then be asked to undergo psychometric assessment where learning agility and problem-solving traits will determine success.
31 August 2022 (for 2022 bursaries); 31 August 2022 (for 2023 bursaries)
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.
© Copyright 2022 | All Rights Reserved