IITPSA Bursary Programme
ICT skills are in short supply in South Africa and, as a SAQA recognised professional body in this industry, we need to ensure that talented, top-performing students are given the opportunity to access the sector. The IITPSA bursary will provide financial support to full time students enabling them to complete their education and pursue a career which will help to grow the IT industry and the South African economy.
The bursary will be granted for a three-year degree in any of the following:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Computer Science / Information Systems / Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Information Systems / Informatics.
The bursary includes the following:
- Full tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees
- University administered accommodation.
This is an ideal opportunity for a learner to access a generous bursary available for study from year one. The bursary will be awarded for one academic year at a time. Renewal for the second / third academic year will be dependent on satisfactory academic performance in the previous year of study and will not cover repeat subjects / modules.
Minimum selection criteria:
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Applicants must be registered for full-time undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at a registered public university.
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Preference will be given to students that have participated and excelled in The Computer Programming Olympiad, which is a project of IITPSA, is one of the oldest and largest competitions of its kind in the world and has been running since 1984.
The Olympiad is aimed at the following:
- Identifying, encouraging and rewarding programming aptitude.
- Promoting and encouraging computer studies.
- Creating an awareness of career opportunities in ICT.
The competition attracts a lot of talent but, unfortunately, very few female candidates enter the competition. As an incentive to encourage more female candidates to participate in the competition, IITPSA will give preference to the female candidate that places highest in the Top 3 rounds and who intends to pursue ICT-related studies at a recognised South African tertiary institution.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Application Season: 01 May to 30 September.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
NPO Sustainability Rating
Level One (>91%)
48 Years experience
R1 billion+ in bursaries to students
25 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.