Amazon Recruitment Bursary
At Amazon, they are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, they need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The Amazon Recruitment Bursary was launched in 2018 by Amazon Development Centre (South Africa) for people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
Successful applicants will upon completion of their studies join Amazon, a place where motivated employees thrive and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Who can apply
Amazon is looking for talented and motivated prospective Software Development Engineers who will be available to join their Graduate Programme after graduation.
StudyTrust, on behalf of Amazon, invites current and prospective first-year students at South African universities in Computer Science and Information Technology degree programmes (including the relevant Engineering programmes).
The Amazon Recruitment Bursary will cover the costs (capped) of the following:
• residence/private accommodation
• stationery and books
• a personal computer
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology.
• Year level: First or second year next year.
• Current Gr 12 learners with Mathematics and Physical Science marks of 75% and above
• Current first year students who are consistently obtaining an average of 70% and above
• Applicants must see themselves as future developers at one of the world’s leading companies in the field.
• Applicants must be willing to commit to working for Amazon for the number of years funded.
• Applicants must be willing to participate in vacation work and training opportunities at Amazon.
How to apply
• Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
• Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.