Investec CSI Bursary
(applications for this bursary are now closed)
An Investec bursary is so much more than just funding for your degree. Investec is highly invested in developing well-rounded individuals so that graduates are not only academically qualified but work ready, socially conscious, economic participants who live in society and not off it.
Investec offers full-cost bursaries to students who are currently in Gr 12 or their first year of tertiary study aiming to study full-time towards an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a Commercial LLB, as well as Medicine (MBCHB). These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services sector. Bursaries are awarded based on merit and financial need for studies at select South African universities.
Bursaries are only offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first
year of university. Applications will only be considered if completed in full and if all the supporting documents have been submitted. Documents uploaded with the application must be certified:
- South African ID
- This year’s mid-year (first semester) results or a progress report (or your latest results if you are not studying this year)
- Official Matric/ NSC results if you have completed Grade 12
- Pay slips for your parent(s)/guardian if employed (or letter from employer and sworn statement or tax return statement stating income)
- Latest financial statements if your parent/guardian is self-employed
- Sworn affidavits if your parent(s)/guardian is/are unemployed
- Death certificates if your parent(s) is/are deceased
- Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced
- Sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential. Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in:
- Actuarial Science (only first year students already at university will be
considered unless studying towards a Business Science degree at UCT)
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance)
- B Com Informatics
- B Sc Computer Science
- B Sc Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Science
- Business Science
- Science and Mathematics
- Commercial LLB
- Degrees towards Medicine (MBCHB)
Academic Selection Criteria
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 and applicants already in possession of a National Senior certificate should have obtained at least 50% in all their subjects with a minimum of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and 70% in English FAL or 65% in English HL.
- Applicants currently in their first year must have averaged above 60% in the first semester examination.
- NB: Please apply timeously for admission to the educational institution of your choice. Consult the websites of the universities for application deadlines.
- When completing the application form, please clearly specify the exact degree programme for which you need a bursary, the name of the educational institution where you plan to study and the year of study.
- Bursaries will only be offered to applicants who are currently in Grade 12 or in their first year of university.
- Changing your degree programme after submitting your application form may lead to a cancellation of the bursary, if granted.
- No bursaries are available for private tertiary institutions.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
How to apply
Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform and submitted on or before 16 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
Application Season: 01 May to 16 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
NPO Sustainability Rating
Level One (>91%)
48 Years experience
R1 billion+ in bursaries to students
25 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.
© Copyright 2022 | All Rights Reserved