Letsatsi Borutho Trust Bursary Programme
The Letsatsi Borutho Trust is a community trust that owns shares in the Droogfontein Solar Power plant for the benefit of communities within a 50-kilometre radius of the plant. It believes that everyone in its communities should have an opportunity to reach their dreams. One way that the Trust expresses this, is by empowering individuals to advance.
The Letsatsi Borutho Trust is offering individuals out of school an opportunity to study further at South African tertiary education or training institutions including public or private TVET colleges, universities of technology or academic universities.
Prospective students studying towards a NQF level 6 in technical, skills training (plumbing, bricklaying etc) and training programmes, as well as national diploma and degree programmes are invited to apply as well. Those who completed their NSC or NTC in previous years may also apply. The Trust’s bursaries are managed by StudyTrust.
Who can apply
- Individuals who are South African Citizens.
- Individuals who reside within 50km radius of the Droogfontein Solar Power plant.
- Individuals who have been accepted at any recognised public or private South African tertiary education or training institution.
- Only application forms completed correctly, in full and accompanied by the required supporting documents will be considered.
The value of the bursary will be determined on an individual basis and may be used to cover the following study-related cost items:
- Tertiary institution tuition fees, registration fees and examination fees
- Accommodation in a tertiary residence or equivalent
- Learning materials (textbooks, stationary, etc.)
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants to the Letsatsi Borutho Trust bursary are as follows:
- Academic performance: Selection will be done based on prelim/final Grade 12 results and latest results or Highest grade passed and wanting to study towards a NQF level 6 technical, skills training and training programmes, as well as national diploma and degree programmes are invited to apply.
- Financial need: Applicants must be able to demonstrate lack of sufficient financial resources to continue with tertiary education.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform before 31 October 2023 to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- The completed application form must be submitted on or before 31 October 2023 to email@example.com or the Tlhokomelo Centre (address: 776 corners of Lecholo and Matanzima roads, Kimberley) if you want to be considered for a 2024 Letsatsi Borutho Trust bursary.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
NPO Sustainability Rating
Level One (>91%)
48 Years experience
R1 billion+ in bursaries to students
25 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.