Matla A Bokone Solar Bursary Programme
Urgent call for 2024 Applications
The Matla A Bokone Solar PV Facility is dedicated to the upliftment of communities within a 50-kilometre radius of the facility. We believe in enabling every individual within our community to achieve their dreams and aspirations. In line with this belief, we are committed to providing educational opportunities to aid in personal and professional advancement.
We are pleased to offer bursaries for further study at South African tertiary education or training institutions, including public or private TVET colleges, universities of technology, and academic universities.
Prospective students aiming for an NQF level 6 or higher in fields such as Education, Engineering, Science, Environment, and Nursing are encouraged to apply. This opportunity is also open to individuals who have previously completed their NSC or NTC. The bursaries are administered in collaboration with EduFunds.
Who can apply
- South African Citizens with a valid ID.
- Residents within a 50km radius of the Matla A Bokone Solar PV Facility.
- Those accepted into any recognized public or private South African tertiary education or training institution.
- Applications must be fully completed and accompanied by all required supporting documents to be considered.
The bursary value will be tailored to each individual, potentially covering:
- Tuition, registration, and examination fees at tertiary institutions.
- Accommodation in a tertiary institution residence or equivalent.
- Meal plans.
- Academic materials (textbooks, stationery, etc.).
- Academic Achievement: Selection will be based on academic performance, including prelim/final Grade 12 results or the highest grade passed for those wishing to pursue studies towards a technical, vocational, diploma, or degree program at NQF level 6 or higher.
- Financial Need: Candidates must demonstrate a lack of financial means to continue their education.
How to apply
- Complete the application on the StudyTrust online platform by February 19, 2024, for consideration.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
NPO Sustainability Rating
Level One (>91%)
50 Years experience
R1 billion+ in bursaries to students
30 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.