Old Mutual Imfundo Trust Scholarship
The Imfundo Trust, is an Old Mutual Investment Group scholarship initiative that aims to upskill black investment professionals and grow the pool of suitably qualified individuals in the asset management industry. Imfundo means education in Zulu. True to its name, since its inception in 2011, the Trust assists black students, particularly women, to pursue their tertiary education at select South African universities.
The Old Mutual Investment Group Imfundo Trust Scholarship and StudyTrust invite you to apply for this full cost bursary for next year, if you will be in your first or second year of study at select universities, in the study programmes listed below.
What it covers
The scholarship covers:
- Registration and tuition fees, for students studying on a full time basis
- Prescribed books and other approved study materials.
- Approved accommodation
- Meals and a small stipend
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Applicants who will be in their first year next year must have achieved an average of at least 70% in the mid-year Grade 12 examinations and a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and 70% in English FAL or 60% in English HL.
- Scholarship only available to applicants who will be in their first or second year in 2021.
- Applicants currently in their first year must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations (mid-year / June).
- Applicants from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference.
- Interviews are conducted with applicants who meet the shortlisted requirements, and the Board of Trustees will consider any other relevant factors when making the final decision on granting the scholarships.
- The Imfundo Trust reserves the right to adjust or withdraw any scholarship amount that may be awarded in terms of this application, should you be a beneficiary of other financial assistance (e.g. bursary, grants, loans, scholarships, awards, etc).
- Business, Commerce, Finance and Management Sciences/Studies
- Computer Science and Data Processing
- Mathematical Sciences
As the investments business has expanded into Agri-funds, infrastructure and renewable energy we are also accepting degrees of study in the fields of:
- Agricultural Studies
- Engineering and Engineering Technology
How to Apply
• Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
• Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.