Promaths is a programme delivered by Kutlwanong Maths, Science and Technology Centre. The programme, funded by Investec, provides extra Maths and Science classes to high school learners to boost their performance in these subjects. With a 17+ year record of accomplishment, Promaths produces learners who are proficient in Maths and Science as well as driven, ambitious students. Many of these students however are unable to secure bursaries to study further. The Promaths Bursary Fund is specifically designed for Promaths alumni who lack the funding to pursue a tertiary education.
- Provide bursaries to Promaths alumni who are academically and financially deserving and are currently registered at a South African tertiary institution.
- Improve their chances of completing their tertiary studies.
- Decrease the number of well deserving Promaths students who matriculate with good results and don’t continue their studies.
- Increase good role modelling within communities that Promaths operates in.
- The fund is a collaboration between all corporate, NGOs and other entities that offer bursaries within rare skills courses.
- The fund operates independently, from its donors and partners.
- The fund is administered by StudyTrust, an independent bursary management organisation that was established in 1974, with which Investec has been in partnership since 2007.
Applications are open to:
- South African citizens.
- Those who have attended a Promaths or Kutlwanong Centre across the country.
- Students who are accepted to study at a reputable tertiary institution for a rare skills degree or national diploma in South Africa.
Corporates and individuals can get involved in the following ways:
- Contribute to the trust for a specified number of bursaries for the duration of students’ university degrees. (Individuals and Corporates).
- Sponsor a certain number of bursaries for the specialization of your choice i.e. medicine, aviation, engineering, commerce, etc. (Corporates).
- Pledge to sponsor several individuals (Individuals and Corporates).
- Contribute what they can to the trust (Individuals and Corporates).
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online application platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Application Season: 01 May to 30 September.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
NPO Sustainability Rating
Level One (>91%)
48 Years experience
R1 billion+ in bursaries to students
25 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.