Santam and StudyTrust invite students who will be in their second, third or final year of undergraduate studies, or who will be doing an Honours degree next year in the study programmes listed below, to apply for this bursary – if a career in the short-term insurance industry appeals to them.
Who can apply
Postgraduate Diploma, Bachelor’s degree, Honours degree in
• Insurance / Risk Management / Law
• Mathematics / Statistics
• Finance / Accounting / Economics
• Chemical / Civil Engineering
• Computer Science / Information Technology
• residence/private accommodation
• stationery and books
- The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic potential and motivation for a career with Santam.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above for their undergraduate degree and in the latest examinations (mid-year/ June).
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
- Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
Level One (>91%)
46+ Years experience
R700 million+ in bursaries to students
22 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
UNHCR Implementing Partner
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.