Old Mutual Imfundo Trust Scholarship
What it covers
The scholarship covers:
- Registration and tuition fees, for students studying on a full time basis
- Prescribed books and other approved study materials.
- Approved accommodation
- Meals and a small stipend
How Scholarships are awarded
- Academic excellence: Selection will be done on the basis of Grade 11 final results, Grade 12 June results and Grade 12 preliminary results.
- The minimum requirements are: A 70% average and not less than 70% for Mathematics, and 70% for English FAL (or 60% for English HL).
- The Imfundo Trust Programme is for candidates whose parent(s) or guardian(s) would not be able to afford paying their tertiary fees.
- Learners from rural and township backgrounds will be given preference.
- Hard working learners who are able to demonstrate that they are more likely to succeed in tertiary study.
- At least 50% of candidates should be black female.
- Interviews are conducted with applicants who meet the shortlisted requirements, and the Board of Trustees will consider any other relevant factors when making the final decision on granting the scholarships.
- The Imfundo Trust reserves the right to adjust or withdraw any scholarship amount that may be awarded in terms of this application, should you be a beneficiary of other financial assistance (e.g. bursary, grants, loans, scholarships, awards, etc).
- Business, Commerce, Finance and Management Sciences/Studies
- Computer Science and Data Processing
- Mathematical Sciences
As the investments business has expanded into Agri-funds, infrastructure and renewable energy we are also accepting degrees of study in the fields of:
- Agricultural Studies
- Engineering and Engineering Technology
How to apply
• Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
• Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
Registered Educational Trust
PBO Tax Exempt
45+ Years experience
R600 million+ in bursaries to students
21 000+ Bursaries & scholarships awarded
NSFAS NGO Partner & UNHCR Implementing Partner
Level One (>91%)
StudyTrust is an educational trust and public benefit organisation, that connects learners with potential to their study opportunities.
We administer bursaries and scholarships, provide mentoring and support to help tertiary students thrive academically and personally.